A small parish three and a half miles north east of Coleshill. The parish includes the hamlet of Furnace End.
The village was called Witacre in the Domesday Book of 1086.Little of the old village remains, it has become a hamlet of scattered houses.
The church is on the top of the highest hill in the area. It was rebuilt in the mid 18th century.Furnace End gets its name from the iron furnaces which used to be there.
© Copyright NNWFHS 1998/2009