The town is 4.5 miles south of Tamworth.
St Peter and St Paul
Wesleyan Chapel (built 1844)
In Saxon times Kingsbury was known as Chinesburie. The church stand above the river and dates from the mid-12th century.
In the mid-19th century, Robert Peel, the Prime Minister who lived at nearby Drayton Manor, was the dominant land owner.
The main industries were coal mining and gravel extraction. Kingsbury Mill has been a gun barrel mill, a saw mill, paper mill and a leather mill. The current mill was built in 1747 although there has been a mill in Kingsbury since the time of the Domesday Vook.
Kingsbury Hall dates from the 16th century and was home to the Bracebridge family and later the Willoughbys then the Peels. The hall is quickly becoming derelict.
© Copyright NNWFHS 1998/2009