There is no village associated with this parish, most of the area covered is the grounds of Packington Hall and the Old Hall. The church is between the two halls and is 5 miles south east of Coleshill.
St James (located within Packington Hall park).
The village was called Patitone in the Domesday Book of 1086.
Great Packington is the site of the Packington Hall estate who’s grounds were laid out by Capabilty Brown. The hall was built in 1693 and modified in 1766. It was badly damaged by a fire in 1979 but has since been restored.
When the church bells were rung to celebrate the victory at Trafalgar they crashed to the ground. The three broken bells were recast into a single bell.
© Copyright NNWFHS 1998/2009