United Free Methodist Church
In Saxon times Grendon was held by Siward. The village was called Grendone in the Domesday Book of 1086.
The original centre was close to Grendon Hall and All Saints church but the church stands apart from the modern day village, separated by a railway line, a canal and a river.
Grendon Hall was the home of the Chetwynd family until it was demolished in 1933.
The main industry of the area is agriculture.
© Copyright NNWFHS 1998/2009