The village is six miles north west of Coventry. Wood End and Chapel Green are hamlets within the parish.
St Mary & All SaintsMethodist Chapel (now closed)
The village was called Felingelei/Filingelei/Filungelei/Filunger in the Domesday Book of 1086. The original village of Old Fillongley was owned by the monks of Coventry until the Norman Conquest. It was abandonded by the mid 16th century in favour of the new settlement and now lies beneath the M6 motorway. The new village grew up just along the road to Coventry.
There are ruins and moats of two castles lying to the north east and south west of the village and were allegedly demolished by Cromwell.
A Mormon sect lived at Fillongley until the 19th century when they emigrated to Salt Lake City.
© Copyright NNWFHS 1998/2009