The village lies about five miles north west of Coventry. The M6 motorway runs through the parish. Corley Moor is partly in the parish of Allesley.
Corley Parish Church is one of the less common occurrences of a church without a dedication.
There are Iron Age remains at Burrow Hill near Corley and the village has stood since Saxon times. The village was called Cornelie in the Domesday Book of 1086.
Corley Hall was built in the sixteenth century but is much altered.
Corley Hall Farm is described by George Eliot in “Adam Bede” as the Poyser’s farmhouse.
The Church was built in the 12th Century.
© Copyright NNWFHS 1998/2009