This is an ancient parish on the eastern border of the county adjoining Leicestershire south of Nuneaton and north of Burton Hastings.
There is no church in the village
The village was called Stratone in the Domesday Book of 1086.
The village became deserted in 1474 when the landowner Henry Smith turned out the residents and turned over the land to grazing. The Church of that time fell into ruin. Although Stretton Baskerville is an ancient parish, it has not had a church or chapel since at least the reign of Henry VII. It is generally regarded that Burton Hastings parish encompassed the scattered dwellings of Stretton Baskerville.
There are, today a few farms and houses and the area has become a civil parish
© Copyright NNWFHS 1998/2009