The village is about six miles north west of Coventry on the busy A46 which leads to the M6 motorway. It is associated with the nearby hamlet of Barnacle.
Baptist Chapel (built 1867)
The village was called Scelftone in the Domesday Book of 1086.
The village was plundered after the Battle of Nasby in 1645 and was later awarded compensation.
The church was restored in 1865.
© Copyright NNWFHS 1998/2009