Copston lies beside the Watling Street and on the border with Leicestershire about 1.5 miles east-north-east of Wolvey close to High Cross, the crossing point of the Roman roads Watling Street and Fosse Way. It lies within the parish of Monks Kirby.
St John the Baptist
The church is a chapel-of-ease to Monks Kirby St Edith. The Church was built in 1849 by the sisters of the Earl of Denbigh, who lived at nearby Newnham Paddox, in opposition to his conversion to Catholicism.
© Copyright NNWFHS 1998/2009