This village is just 1 mile from Nuneaton town centre now absorbed by the town. The old village square still exists.
Holy Trinity C of E
Jireh Particular Baptist Church (built 1878)
The first recorded mention of Attleborough is in 1150 as Atreberga, meaning Atela’s Hill, and possibly refers to the existence of an earthwork barrow now gone.
Attleborough was originally part of the parish of Nuneaton, of which it is now a suburb. It gained separate parish status after 1837. The church was built in 1842 in the 13th century style. The church was built in the grounds of Attleborough Hall which was built in 1809. The Hall was demolished in 1932.
PARISH REGISTERS: Christenings: 1825-1976 Marriages: 1851-1972 Births: 1870-1970. The Parish Registers can be found at Nuneaton Library or at Warwick County Record Office.
BISHOP'S TRANSCRIPTS: 1842-1844
IGI: Christenings: 1842-1885, Marriages: 1854-1895
© Copyright NNWFHS 1998/2009