Baxterley is six miles north west of Nuneaton.
The Parish Church has no dedication
Baxterley derives its name from the Saxon forms basterleia and baxterlege.
It became a mining village after the opening of the nearby Baddesley Ensor Colliery.
Baxterley Old Hall is in the south of the village.
The Church stands a mile away from the village and dates from around 1200.
© Copyright NNWFHS 1998/2009
Return to Towns Map